When you buy your printed stickers the hardest part is applying them smoothly so they look professional. So I thought I would share with you some top tips for how to apply printed stickers without wrinkles or bubbles so your sign or project will come out looking awesome.
- Make sure the surface you are applying too is totally clean, I can’t stress this point enough, even if the surface looks clean often there is dust or debris, so give it a good wipe down first. Even the tiniest bit of dust causes the biggest bubble!!Or even worse eventually lead to holes in your graphic. Clean the surface with soap and warm water.
- When you positioned where your sticker use a couple of small pieces of masking tape at the top of your sticker and use them to tack it up on your surface and position it exactly where you want it. It’s always handy to have someone with you to help you get the placement exactly right.
- Next, you will need a little bit of soap and water for applying the graphic, water helps to keep the adhesive from sticking permanently and will allow you to lift and reposition the graphic if necessary. Just put a few drops of dishsoap in some water and put it in a spray bottle.
- Lift the sticker out from the surface and remove the paper layer that is protecting the adhesive. Take care not to touch the sticky part of the sticker to the surface and take your bottle of dishsoap and water and spray the surface you are applying it to.
- Now begin lowering the sticker onto the surface, working from the top down. . Do not put the whole sticker on the surface at once. Use a squeegee to smooth it onto the surface. Work slowly and methodically from the top to the bottom ensuring that each portion is smooth and free of wrinkles or bubbles.
- Use your squeegee to force the water out from under the sticker and remove the masking paper. Pull it back gently parallel to the surface to prevent lifting the vinyl sticker up off the surface.
- If you have any air bubbles place the paper that was protecting the adhesive over the sticker and use your squeegee to force out any leftover air bubbles.
That’s it! You should now have a printed sticker that is up and looking great!!!!
Versa Print is your number one sticker shop, specialising in sticker printing, with years of experience in supplying custom stickers. Companies throughout the UK have chosen versa print to supply them with printed stickers, company labels, vehicle vinyl sticker printing and fitting, as a print company based in the UK you can trust Versa Print is the best place to get stickers!